What’s going through your mind right now? Do you feel a little torn? Are your starting to give yourself a little pep talk about how this Holiday Season you’re gonna do better?
Here’s the deal-i-o… When we are in the process of making healthier changes, and trying to Look & Feel our best, we might have these feelings that tear us between 2 different directions; Inner Conflict. This inner confusion really shows herself especially from now until Jan 1st (sometimes even up until spring)…
Where does this inner conflict come from?
*When our beliefs are not aligned with our TRUTH, we create a division amongst ourselves. It is what we’ve been conditioned to believe AND it is what we know as TRUTH.
- We feel “entitled” to use the holidays as an excuse to disconnect. We convince ourselves that “it’s the holidays and we deserve a break.” We use food as our “pacifier” to overindulge into a cloud of food coma, so that we can let go of all personal responsibilities. What we are dismissing is the long term damage this mindset gets us in.
- We seek food as our high, like a euphoric drug. When in all reality, we are confused because we know food allows us to “feel good” but it’s a temporary pleasure. When we set our goals, it’s imperative to seek long term satisfaction vs. temporary relief. I’m referring to allowing yourself to feel the way you want to feel in your body at all times, regardless of the circumstance (holidays, birthday parties, social gatherings).
- Matthew Kelly tells us in his book, Perfectly Yourself, that “usually in these moments, we know what we should do. We know which of the options will lead to long-term sustainable happiness, but we are attached to the momentary pleasures.” Matthew Kelly also states, that sometimes, something that can begin as pleasure, can transform into pain. Ex: overeating, eating too much processed sugars, eating too late at night, not exercising, and not taking care of self.
So if we know what to do, and we know this Holiday Pattern very well…why do we keep doing it?
Geeze! I fell in this holiday ping pong trap for over 11 years. Slowly but surely I figured out a way to get out! Believe it or not, it had nothing to do with going on another diet or working out harder, or better yet locking myself in my house so that I couldn’t binge on holidays foods…(yes, I thought about this several times)…
I was able to escape this undesired pattern by shifting my mindset, working on my mental gym, and learning how to strengthen my willpower muscles.
Today… I’ve got Great NEWS for you!
—> For the next few months, it’s my intention to help you experience the same joy and freedom I FINALLY have when it comes to the holiday season. These next few months we will identify and address the common struggles so many of us suffer from every single year. Let’s break these patterns so that you can step into 2018 Looking, Feeling & Your Absolute Best!
- The next 2 months I will be hosting weekly FREE webinars starting Thursday Nov 16th, Facebook “Holiday Support Group”, and much more…
- Make sure you LIKE www.Facebook.com/DietJunkE for notification on the webinar & live events.
And in the Meantime, Remember to Look, Feel & Be Your Best Today!