Hi There! Happy Easter:)
Yes, really…I repeat these blogs each and every holiday because we need the reminder. It’s not that you don’t know what to do… I believe you have the knowledge, tools and information to be successful today…
But.. it’s easy to get distracted and persuaded into the moment, and before you realize it, you’ve uncomfortably overeaten the ENTIRE Easter basket. AND we both know this behavior is NOT aligned with you feeling the way you wanna feel in your body.
If you end up going that route.. that’s ok. What’s not ok … is judging yourself for what you did, feeling ashamed, feeling bad (physically and emotionally), feeling guilt and AND most importantly feeling ANGRY about having “0” control around food.
Today, instead of sending you a “healthy recipe,” a “FAT BURNING workout” or giving you the “5 tips to stay on track during the Holiday,”… I’m giving you a sacred mind tool…
“Anticipating Suffering and DON’T even going there.”
Know yourself. Know that most people aren’t like us and they aren’t going to understand our behavior around food. And that’s ok.
Today, when you find yourself vulnerable and you can anticipate eating the ENTIRE chocolate bunny… plus… everything else… don’t put yourself in that position.
If you even slightly think you’ll lose control around that chocolate bunny, why would you even play yourself to THINK you’ll be ok with one bite?!?!? NOPE… don’t go there today. Yep. Cross that idea off the list!
Here’s a short story of what happened to me last Easter:
I have a friend who had an easter BBQ at her home. There was a HUGE Brazilian chocolate egg (milk chocolate) in the kitchen with stuffed chocolates of all sorts.
So my curious self says, hmmm… I’ll just try it… so I did… and my taste buds went BONKERS! Like crazy eyes popping out of head. (I know I’m kinda Dramatic..haha). Anyhoo, I probably made (like no joke) 10 visit from outside to inside… and each time grabbing more chunks of it. (By the way, this thing was HUGE… if you haven’t experienced a Brazilian Chocolate Egg… Don’t Even Go There! But you can google the image to get a better idea of what I’m talking about). It’s sugar crack… Seriously I had “0” control. By the time everyone came in the house to eat dessert (“the choclate egg”)… ummm… It was GONE! I was so embarrassed and physically sick. I ate the ENTIRE dessert!
TIME TRAVEL: That day, if I could rewind and re-do, which this year is a new opportunity… I would have anticipated my suffering and not even tricked myself into trying it. You wanna know why? Because I know myself. And that’s me just being real.
Try This Today…
1. Be real with yourself and “ANTICIPATE SUFFERING AND DON’T EVEN GO THERE.”
2. If you found value in todays newsletter share it with friend/family and social media.
3. If you need help, I got you. Email me at info@TanyaSilva.com.
- The concept above saves me not only for the Holidays, but in all situations I feel emotionally vulnerable in. I don’t allow the curiosity to trick me anymore. I anticipate my behavior and I refuse to put myself in situations that break me down.
Anyhoo… Happy Easter! xoxo.
And in the meantime, Remember to Look, Feel & Be Your Best Today!
IMPORTANT: If you’re wanting to heal your relationship with food, exercise & overall self-image so that you can FINALLY Look, Feel & Be the Best-Version-of-Yourself, let us help you.
It’s Time to STOP Playing Small… www.TanyaSilva.com.
Question: Have you said this before?
“I know what to do, but I just don’t do it.” I think we’ve all been guilty of saying this before.
I don’t disagree when someone tells me that they know what they need to do in order to look the way they wanna look & feel the way they wanna feel, yet they just can’t seem to do it.
Consciously, it makes no sense to know something and not apply it. I’m sure you can agree, we’ve all fallen victim to this story at one point or another.
I’m not sure if you’re ready for the TRUTH, but.. here it is: The TRUTH is, we ignore what might seem too painful to deal with. If we become aware of the “situation,” this means we have to take personal responsibility. And taking personal responsibility just might be too painful or overwhelming to handle. Therefore, to avoid the pain, we think if we put our “blinders” up and ignore the situation, that it will eventually go away on its own.
There’s a category of people out there (I use to be one ) who have a strong desire to be successful, BUT there’s too much resistance blocking them from achieving what they truly want with their body. Most of these people stop believing in their real goals and start to lower their standard in order to PROTECT themselves from disappointment and let down. They start to convince themselves that maybe this is just how I’m going to look and be my entire life, maybe I should accept that..
This all goes back to the ANSWER of the QUESTION… “I know what to do but I just don’t do it.”
If you already believe there’s no way you’re going to reach your goals, what’s the point of even trying?
Are you ready to learn how to let go of any resistance that’s blocking you from Looking, Feeling and Being the Best-Version-of-Yourself.
YES! Email info@TanyaSilva.com for more details.
And Remember to Look, Feel & Be Your Best Today!
Discipline = Freedom…
Whenever I’d hear the word discipline, I’d cringe because my initial thoughts were of punishment, deprivation and self torture.I felt such negative vibes with that word until I came across this book called Perfectly Yourself by Matthew Kelly.
In this book, Matthew talks a ton about discipline and how it’s a key component to freedom. Kelly says, “You can’t have Freedom without Discipline.” In fact, the common denominator to success in terms of getting from where you are to where you wanna be is discipline.
Below I’ve listed several segments from the book, (yes, word for word). I believe these “nuggets of wisdom” perfectly explain how discipline can be used to increase our self control, so that we can experience freedom from any habits of the mind that prevents us from Looking, Feeling and Becoming the Best-Version-of-Ourselves.
8 Views on Discipline & How it Leads to Freedom:
1. According to discipline.com, “Discipline gives a person the power to stick with their decisions and follow them through. This makes discipline a critical component and one of the most important requirements for achieving goals of any kind in life.”
2. Do we really believe life without structure or discipline will give us the happiness we desire? How successful do you think your business would be if you did whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted? (Same goes for our bodies and our health).
3. Our insatiable appetite for instant gratification leads us farther and farther from getting to where we wanna be with our bodies. Instant gratification is our mistaken notion that freedom is the right or ability to do whatever we want. We cannot allow instant gratification to guide and direct every decision.
4. When we deny ourselves in small ways, we regain the self mastery that makes us free and allows us to take control once more of our appetite and impulses.
5. We have enslaved ourselves by giving into our impulses of whatever we want and whenever we want.
6. Our level of discipline and self control significantly affects the level of happiness we experience in this life.
7. Self control is a gift we give ourselves and is the very essence of discipline. Self control is the foundation of discipline and a prerequisite for happiness (freedom).
8. The body is directed by instincts and conditioned responses. As humans we have a CONSCIOUS choice, we choose which responses we wanna become conditioned to. We are aware of which responses are good for us and which are self destructive. For example: skipping your workouts, snacking when you’re not hungry, overeating, or indulging in alcohol to numb your emotions.
Transforming Resolutions into Habits:
“The reason so many of us fail to achieve real and sustainable change in our lives is because we focus too much on the desired outcome (external goals) and not enough on the progress we are making (internal goals). It is important to establish goals but they can often seem overwhelming and impossible. It is when we lose sight of our progress that we become discouraged, and it is our discouragement that often lands us back into our self defeating habits and self destructive behaviors.” – Matthew Kelly Perfectly Yourself
Take Action Now:
1. Break down your large goals into smaller ones. It makes it easier to accomplish and create more focused discipline.
2. Just do the next right thing. By creating daily wins, each decision you choose to do better (not snacking between meals, grabbing a water vs. soda, breathing with your emotions vs. pacifying them with food), you start to set yourself free in a small way from the self-imprisonment.
3. Affirm(ation): Every decision I make day-in and day-out matter. It is in these small acts that I do each day, (today) that allow me to get closer to Looking, Feeling & Being the Best-Version-of-Myself. I choose to have discipline not because I want to be mean to myself or to punish myself, I choose to have self-discipline because I want to feel free.
***If you need further help getting started, click here–> http://tanyasilva.com/21daykickstart/
And Remember to Look, Feel & Be Your Best Today!-
The Conflicted Mind…
Often time, when we are in the process of making healthier changes and trying to become the best-version-of- ourselves, we might have these feelings that tear us between 2 different directions; Inner Conflict. This inner confusions really shows herself especially from now until Jan 1st.
Where does this confliction come from? When our beliefs are not aligned with our TRUTH, we create a division amongst ourselves. It is what we’ve been conditioned to believe AND it is what we know as TRUTH.
Matthew Kelly tells us in his book, Perfectly Yourself, that “usually in these moments, we know what we should do. We know which of the options will lead to long-term sustainable happiness, but we are attached to the momentary pleasures.” Matthew Kelly also states, that sometimes, something that can begin as pleasure, can transform into pain. Ex: overeating, eating too much processed sugars, eating too late at night, not exercising, and not taking care of self.
We feel “entitled” to use the holidays as an excuse to disconnect. We convince ourselves that “it’s the holidays and we deserve a break.” We use food as our “pacifier” to overindulge into a cloud of food coma, so that we can let go of all personal responsibilities. What we are dismissing is the long term damage this mindset gets us in.
We seek food as our high, like a euphoric drug. When in all reality, we are confused because we know food allows us to “feel good” but it’s a temporary pleasure. When we set our goals, it’s imperative to seek long term satisfaction vs. temporary relief. I’m referring to allowing yourself to feel the way you want to feel in your body at all times, regardless of the circumstance (holidays, birthday parties, social gatherings).
My intention to help you experience the same joy and freedom I FINALLY have when it comes to the holiday season. These next few months we will identify and address the common struggles many people experience during this time of the year.
NEW PROGRAM: BEGINS NOV 7th!
Ask me About our: 8 week “FIT BY THE 1st” Holiday Survival Tribe!!!
And Remember to Look, Feel & Be Your Best Today!
P.S. *We would love to hear from you! What did you think about todays newsletter? Did it create confusion or clarity? We love feedback and conversation.
It is your Resistance to “what is” that causes your suffering.”- unknown
Wow, what a powerful statement if you take a moment to think about it.
Think About it…
What thoughts do you have about your body? What’s your relationship like with food? What’s you’re relationship like with exercise? What’s your relationship like with yourself in general? Do you have any resistance to the current space you’re in right now with your body? Or do you hope by ignoring your current situation about your body, all your issues will go away?
Here’s where many people go wrong trying to make a shift…
Most of us think that by accepting where we are, the current space we are in today, will keep us stuck. However, what really keeps us stuck is the resistance of accepting the space we are in right now.
By accepting where I am, I can now take full responsibility for my choices, habits and behaviors. I no longer have to play the victim role. I can now move forward and begin to feel empowered and capable.
“Accept-Then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it…This will miraculously transform your whole Life.” – Eckart Tolle
Here’s how we can make a slight shift…
Start with saying: I’m in the process of… x, y, z.
“I’m in the process of making better decisions today so that I can feel better in my body.” “I’m in the process of making healthier choices because it feels good to feel good.” I’m in the process of having better digestion, feeling satisfied after each meal vs. stuffed and feeling leaner in my body.”
Saying I’m in the process of… takes off the pressure of saying I am…
Starting a sentence with the statement “I AM” is great don’t get me wrong… but sometimes it’s too intimidating and very hard to believe. I AM fat, I AM overweight, I AM tired, I AM unhealthy. If you focus on what is (the space you are in right now), of course you’re going to stay STUCK. You’re going to feel stuck, overwhelmed, disappointed and frustrated. But once you accept the space you’re in, you can then focus on solutions and begin to start taking that next step required to move forward.
When we get too far ahead of ourselves we start to create overwhelm and frustration. We mislead ourselves because we place too much emphasis on things that are just too far out of our reach and not important in the present moment. Yes, it is important to know your end goal, but it’s equally important to dis-attach from the external outcome (things that are a result of, yet are not within your immediate control).
As Nick Ortner says, It is “Our emotions, past experiences and limiting beliefs keep us stuck and running the same undesired patterns again and again with the same results.”
Take Action Now:
- If I’m focusing on: I’m in the process of… vs. I AM…, then I can focus on progress and begin to let go of any resistance blocking me.
- During the journey of Releasing the excess weight that not longer serving you, direct your focus only on the next step, whatever is directly in front of you today. That mindset is what will keep you moving forward. Focusing on “what is” will keep you STUCK. Ex: your exercise routine, properly aligning yourself with foods that allow you to feel the way you want to feel, hydration, uninterrupted sleep, etc.
- If you’ve found this blog of value, please share with others who would benefit from it too! Try this mental exercise just for today and share any of your success and/or challenges:) We wanna know how it goes! Email us back or comment below:)
And Remember to Look, Feel & Be Your Best Today!