Q & A: Why bother trying?
“It was unlearning certain habits and thought patterns hard wired in my brain and walking through my pain, rather than avoiding, that ultimately put me on a joyful journey of self discovery.”- George Mumford
I’m sure you’ve caught yourself asking this question 1 or more times:
“I’m never gonna get “there,” so why bother trying?”
Last month I picked up a book called The Mindful Athlete: Secrets to Pure Performance by George Mumford. In his book her brings up this same question that even some of the best-of-the-best athletes ask themselves.
George answers this questions beautifully: “As many of you know, taking small steps, consistently, in the right direction will eventually yield big results. You have to start taking baby steps, even though you know you’ll fall down. If you don’t begin the process and you don’t fall down a lot, you’ll never walk.”
WOW! so true!
Getting starting and breaking past that self-sabotaging thought is what will get you from where you are to where you want to be. Sometimes its just a shift in perception and a good slap in the butt to get us going:)
TAKE ACTION NOW:
1. Start today and just focus on feeling good. “How can I feel good today?”
2. Next time you catch yourself asking this question, check in with yourself and focus on what you can do.
3. I wanna hear from you!!! If you’re having any “AH-Ha’s” I would love to hear them in the comment box below! Was this blog helpful? I would love to know how it was helpful? I would love to hear about any mental shifts you might be having right now:)
P.S. Here’s the link to the book: The Mindful Athlete: Secrets to Pure Performance by George Mumford
And Remember to Look, Feel & Be Your Best Today!
Guilt, Freedom & Rewriting your story!
I Hope you’re having an awesome 4th of July weekend!!!
Holiday weekends can be a little tricky when it comes to sticking with our healthy habits. Often times after speaking with clients there’s a lot of guilt from the decisions they’ve made over the holidays. I admit it too, I’m guilty, but I get over it real fast.
Todays vlog (video blog) is all about teaching you “how to” get over guilt so you can get back to feeling your best today! WATCH VIDEO HERE.
Specifically, I’m talking about feeling guilty about something that happened perhaps a couple hours ago or even yesterday. Maybe it was drinking too much alcohol, overeating & skipping out on your workout…???
Before we move any further on this topic… I wanna get crystal clear on the definition of GUILT:
In other words, Guilt is like that really scary movie that’s automatically replaying the parts you wished you never watched.
I know, you know what I’m talking about!
I’m gonna share with you a mental gym exercise on how you can let go of any guilt that you might be holding onto. I’m about to teach you how you can delete it from your memory bank once and for all. It’s time to get back to those “feel good vibes!”
This mind tool I’m about to teach you today is called rewriting your story.
What you’ll need:
- Pen & paper, or a journal.
- A quiet safe space. Perhaps light a candle and pour yourself some warm tea.
- Try to have an open mind and the willingness to try this exercise before judging it.
2 STEP PROCESS:
- Write down in your journal exactly what occurred. Whatever story that’s keeping you stuck in guilt, write down the facts. Vomit your words on the paper, curse if you need to. Just get it all out!!! This helps release the pent up negative energy or any “negative feelings” you’re holding in your body… so you can get it out.
- Now on a new piece of paper, write down the same scenario you were in, BUT this time, is your opportunity to write out how this story played in your favor. Like if you could go back in time, to feel proud of yourself, what decision would you have made? This is your opportunity to make a change. *It’s super important to Write it as if it happened.
*Good news is that today’s a new day! But sometimes guilt will hold us down & if you’re feeling guilty from yesterday it could affect your mood, food and exercise choices today, tomorrow and possibly for the next week or longer.
*Most of the time we need tools to help move that pent up negative energy around so we can move forward. This mind tool has helped me significantly and I know it will help you as well if you go in this with an open mind and the willingness to try something new:)
Take Action Now!
- RE-Watch the video if needed.
- Go get your pen and paper and write out what happened and why you’re feeling guilt. Then Rewrite your story as if it happened the way you wanted.
- I wanna hear from you! After rewriting your story, did you feel a load lifted off your chest? What emotions are you feeling now? I wanna hear how this exercise helped in anyway!
P.S. Did you like this Vlog? Share & Subscribe!
Thank you so much for watching AND Remember to Look, Feel & Be Your Best Today!
Last week my friend Lisa made me a couple samples of her cauliflower pizzas. I’ve been in this BBQ sauce phase… so I got inspired to make my own BBQ chicken cauliflower pizzas.
After eating about 2 of the cauliflower pizzas (during different meal times), I noticed some undesired feelings in my body like: gas, bloating, a stomach ache & indigestion.
NOTE: not everyone is going to have the same reaction to this food. I’m just sharing my personal experience:)
These physical reactions got me curious about cauliflower. I got on google and found out that side effects such as gas, bloating, stomach irritation are pretty common side effects with cauliflower. ***Click Here to read this article on side effects of cauliflower.
FYI: Just because a food might be “healthy” according to health standards, doesn’t mean it’s “good for your body.”
In the process of Cauliflower Pizza, I decided to continue to listen to my body and avoid cauliflower all together. However, if your body responds nicely to cauliflower, then here 3 recipes I found legit:
Healthy Dairy Free & Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza:
In conclusion… Here’s where I say if you’re gonna have a pizza, have a pizza…I know myself and there are certain foods that are just worth buying.
Allow yourself 1-2 slices of pizza (depending on the serving size), load your pizza with fresh veggies& proteins: sausage or chicken or whatever you want. Focus on ADDING vs. taking away.
***If you have no clue when it comes to portions and healthy eating habits, don’t worry.. I wrote a book on it:) CLICK HERE to get your copy! I talk a ton on “how to” order out and portion sizes and of course much more! If you already own a copy of “The 7 Eating Habits to Total Body Transformation,” your homework for the week is to look at chapter 6, Restaurant Eating.
Here’s what I do: I order a side salad (with my favorite veggies & grilled chicken and put it on top of my pizza :) Like a pizza salad!!!
Hot Pizza Spots:
Blaze Pizza, inspired by Chipotle, is all about “creating your own pizza.” This place is literally exactly set up like Chipotle, but focused on pizza.
Pizza Fusion was always one of my favorite pizza places:) They closed the Deerfield Beach location but now are located in Ft. Lauderdale and other states/ locations.
Take Action Now:
*Pay attention to how your body responds when you’re eating… do you feel the way you wanna feel? Know that indigestion, gas & bloating are not healthy and not normal.
*Listen to your body and get curious as to what foods created an undesired feeling.
*Seek out solutions: If you’re not sure about a side effect on a food, look it up.
***Looking, Feeling & Being the Best-Version-of-Yourself isn’t just about what you eat, it’s also about how you eat. Get your copy of “The 7 Eating Habits to Total Body Transformation” for 50% off Today .. Promo Code: feelgoodtoday!
Did you like this blog? Share and Subscribe! I wanna hear what you learned from this blog today? Also, I wanna know next time you order pizza or make your own, what do you plan on doing differently so that you feel the way you wanna feel in your body? (Eating Habits, toppings, portions, etc.).
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to read this:)
And Remember to Look, Feel & Be Your Best Today!